More: Unhappy relationships get as unsatisfying and unpleasant as they do because of one or more causes. Some of these causes might have their roots in deeper personal issues, and be hinting at psychological constraints or brain imbalances. Some others might be attributed to pure habit, or to underdeveloped understanding of, and empathy for another person. But, whatever their kind or origin, given a strong enough intent to continue the relationship, most underlying issues can be tackled effectively. Such handling can then pave way for lasting mutual happiness.
What do you think is the factor most responsible for any dissatisfaction in your relationship? Is it any of these?
1. Chronic, compulsive, unfounded insecurity
2. Maintaining a degree of detachment from the future of the relationship
3. Close, even secretive association with a third person or agency (including family) that excludes partner or lowers their dignity and position
4. Continuing influence of, or entanglements with past relationships
5. Choices that betray promises or violate values of partner
6. Pursuit of objectives at some cost to partner
7. Private wants and personal agendas disguised as relationship needs
8. Damaging attitude towards, and outlook on life and people
9. Inability to regulate intellectual or emotional expression
Notice. Investigate. Correct.
(c) Mickey Kumra